Sunday, April 16, 2006

sheer foolishness, this is not

to put our hope in anyhting other that Jesus Christ is sheer foolishness.
trust in Him. all else is a waste of time.
people bless you with their mouths but inwardly they curse you. don't be so surprised when people let you down.
never think of a human being as a refuge and comfort.
don't put your trust and hope in people.
my soul finds rest in God alone. He only, is my salvation, refuge, hope and rock.
though your riches increase, do not set your hearts upon the.
don't trust in money. don't trust in treasure on earth because your treasure is where your heart is.
my soul waits for silence in God alone.
there is only one authority in the universw to which all others will bow: Jesus Christ.
He is the only sure thing and what He says is the only sure thing.
the richest people in the universe are those that know Jesus Christ. they hold the key to life and happiness.
God is our stronghold. our rock. our fortress. our power that cannot be shaken.
there is nothing that can topple the power of God.
build your life on the rock, not on sand, and it will stand the test of time. put everything on a solid foundation.
SELAH - listen; reflect; breathe; take time; pause, and think about it.
be careful, you may be building a wall that is just going to fall down tomorrow and isn't going to do anything for you today.
psalm 62
if Jesus isn't first on your list, then you are missing out on the best relationship of time and you are wasting time.
You are the One that is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
My soul rests in God alone. My soul rests in God alone. My sould rests in God alone.
He is the faithful One.
God waits for us in the silence.



Psalm 62
Song of Trust in God Alone
A Psalm of David.

1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall never be shaken.

3 How long will you assail a person,
will you batter your victim, all of you,
as you would a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4 Their only plan is to bring down a person of prominence.
They take pleasure in falsehood;
they bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse. Selah

5 For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

9 Those of low estate are but a breath,
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.
10 Put no confidence in extortion,
and set no vain hopes on robbery;
if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.

11 Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
12 and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.
For you repay to all
according to their work.

1 comment:

Caitlin Noelle Wood said...

"and all the people said AMEN!"